After stalking her for months online on the Nordhavn Brokerage site, the stars aligned and we pulled the trigger on an offer. On Feb. 25th, 2017, after 2 rounds of negotiation, we had ourselves a tentative deal.
Considering we live in Calgary, AB, Canada, swinging by to take a look was a little tricky. So I purchased her sight unseen pending all the usual inspections. If not for the Nordhavn Brokerage, I’m not sure I would have felt comfortable doing this.
On March 8th, 2017, our sea trial was almost postponed due to weather, but “what better way to experience a Nordhavn than in poor weather conditions” I thought to myself.
We departed North Palm Beach Marina with myself, the owner, Andy from Nordhavn, and 3 inspectors aboard. We first ventured south and out Palm Beach Inlet to the Atlantic. Weather was calling for 8-10ft waves and that’s exactly what we had. PERFECT weather for our sea trial and a great way to see how she handles some rough stuff. I would NEVER take my Bayliner out in that ;)!
The owner demonstrated her Naiad Stabilizers by bringing her around so we were sitting with the sea directly on our beam. With the stabilizers on, the roll was limited to around 5° or so and was actually quite comfortable. When we switched them off, we started rolling almost instantly upwards of 15°, enough to find a handhold!
She checked out well, and the samples came back within acceptable ranges. By March 25th, 2017, we had a deal finalized and she was officially ours :).